What is Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra- Guided Meditation- Relaxation technique is an ancient form of guided meditation that has been proven effective to reduce stress, tension, anxiety, sleeplessness and many other psychological disorders.
Yoga Nidra induces the mind to transition from the waking state, through the “hypotonic” state (between waking and dream), into dream and deep sleep states.
This transition however is not done unconsciously. Using the tool of Yoga Nidra transition is done with full consciousness and allows the practitioner to access layers of the subconscious mind will clarity and mindfulness.
This allow for the release of many negative patterns in the mind to unravel and ultimately dissolve.
How to do Yoga Nidra (Guided Meditation)
- Take a good place and lay down straight on your back in shavasana, keep your hands and legs are open now close your eyes.
- Keep your mind blank disconnect yourself from external word, stay calm.
- Now focus on your concentration only on your breathing, observe your breathing, feeling good and relax.
- Take normal breathing, no fear, anxiety, stress, negative thoughts in your mind, your mind is under your control.
- Now take 3 deep breaths through your nose and leave the breath out to your mouth.
- Focus your mind on your left leg toes, feel it your toes and relax it, keep your body loss, now your feet, heel entire your left leg and each muscles are relaxing.
- Now imaging your right leg feet, toes, heel and entire your right leg is relaxing.
- Imagination plays vital role in Yoga Nidra the more you imagine the more results you get.
- Now imagine your abdominal part belly is relaxing, entire your belly, back side and entire nerves, muscles related to abdominal part relaxing a lot.
- Now take a long breath twice slowly, visualize your attention following away from your body and vanishing feeling relax, feeling very much relax.
- Imagine that your shoulders are relaxing a lot.
- Now it’s time to take neck, imagine your neck is entirely relaxing.
- Than next right hand , your right hand elbow, wrist, fingers, muscles, nerves entire your right hand is relaxing. Now left hand is relaxing.
- Take your attention to all parts of the body like your face, your eyes, nose, ears, and also your forehead.
- Take a deep breath now visualize that many positive energy is entering in your entire body.
- Your every breath is enhancing your self-confidence much higher and higher and your concentration are increasing a lot.
Now slowly open your eyes you feel fresh. Practise this yoga 10 min in the morning and 10 min before going to bed.
Benefits of Yoga Nindra
- Yoga Nidra counteracts stress and prescribed by GPS in many countries.
- Provides effective relief for depression and long standing anxiety.
- It is an effective way to obtain sleep.
- Clears the mind for learning and absorbing new materials.
- Release tension from body and mind.
- Relaxes the mind.
Buy from Amazon – Gaiam Yoga Mat – Premium 6mm Print Reversible Extra Thick Non Slip Exercise & Fitness Mat for All Types of Yoga, Pilates & Floor Workouts
Buy book from Amazon – Radiant Rest: Yoga Nidra for Deep Relaxation and Awakened Clarity
Buy from Amazon – YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Pro – Yoga Inversion Swing with Free Video Series and Pose Chart
During this powerful Yoga Nidra – Guided meditation- Relaxation technique you will experience the total relaxation , the restorative state between being awake and asleep.
Yoga Nidra provides tremendous benefits of better, restful sleep, reduces stress.
It also gives space to reconnect with your inner self and strengthen your intuitive sense to lead an effortless flow of life.
If you want to do more kind of meditation then you can try the meditation given below, it also has many benefits.