There is a slight difference between Kapalbhati and Bhastrika. In Kapalbhati only laxative is used vigorously.
While in Bhastrika the laxative elegance is supplemented both vigorously.
Like in Kapalbhati we inhale slowly and exhale vigorously but in Bhastrika Pranayama we inhale and exhale forcefully.
This pranayama provides maximum oxygen to the body, and carbon dioxide is disposed of.
So blood purification increases and blood circulation becomes instantaneous. Generally healthy people should do this pranayama.
Bhastrika means bellows, in which all the three nerves of Ida, Pingala and Sushumna are affected.
There are 3 levels of doing bhastrika
- Normal speed
- Medium speed
- Intense bhastrika
Level means how much speed should you inhale and exhale, do it at the speed at which you are comfortable with doing it.
Bhastrika Pranayama Steps
- Sit in Sukhasana, keep your hips, shoulders and neck straight.
- Keep your hands in the gyan mudra, or you can also move your hands up and down while inhaling or exhaling.
- Here you have to inhale and exhale from your nose.
- Now inhale through the nose and exhale, Do this 10 times.
(If you want to raise your hands up and down, then when breathing in, then move the hands up and when you release, bring the hands down.)
- Then take some rest and do it again 10 times.
- In this way you have to do 30 times.
- When you are able to do it easily, you can do it as many times as you want, but don’t do too much.
Buy from Amazon – Leewadee Meditation Cushion Set: Round Zafu Pillow and Large Square Zabuton Mat for Floor Seating Eco-Friendly Organic and Natural.
Buy from Amazon – Gaiam All Day Yoga Tote Yoga Mat Bag
Buy from Amazon – DOISPON Yoga Mat, Extra Thick & Wide Non Slip Workout Fitness Home Exercise Mats for Women Men, 72”L x 32”W x 2/5” Thickness
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama causes good exercise of the lungs, which improves the lungs.
- Bhastrika cures diseases such as laziness, sleeplessness, asthma, bronchitis, sainas.
- By doing this, the metabolism of the body increases, which would reduce the excess body fat.
- Bhastrika is good for liver and also increases digestive power.
- By regularly doing Bhastrika, the face glows and brightens because it causes good blood circulation.
Who should not do this pranayama
- Who has epilepsy or hernia
- Pregnant women
- Someone who has had surgery
Initially, do pranayama at normal speed, after which you start doing regulars and become comfortable with this pranayama, then you can increase the speed.
Do follow all the Bhastrika Pranayama steps. If you have high blood pressure, keep the speed slow.