What is Migraine?
Migraine is a headache disease. Usually this pain occurs in half the head and goes on and on, but many times it causes full head pain.
This pain can last from 2 hours to 72 hours. Many times before the onset of pain, the patient also gets warning signs, so that he knows that there is going to be a headache.
These signs are called ‘aura’. Migraines are also known as ‘throbbing pain in headaches’. In it, it seems as if there are hammers on the head.
This pain is so intense that the patient is not able to function properly for some time. In most people, migraine disease is related to genes.
This disease is more common to women than men. It can also happen to children.
The scientific cause of migraine is the spread of blood vessels of the patient’s head, and then the secretion of certain chemicals in it.
These chemicals are released due to the pressure exerted by nerve fibers. Actually, when an artery or blood vessel spreads during a headache, it puts pressure on the nerve fibers.
This pressure causes chemical releases, causing swelling, pain, and dilation in the blood vessels. In this condition the patient has a very severe headache.
What cures a migraine?
Allergies, tension, strong light, strong aroma, loud voice, smoke, no sleep schedule, fasting, alcohol, irregular periods, birth control pills, hormonal changes, in addition to fish, peanuts, citrus fruits and pickles. It can be painful.
Buy from Amazon – Complete Yoga Mat Gift Set-Yoga Mat, 2 Blocks, 8‘ Strap
Buy from Amazon – Yoga Swing Set – Yoga Hammock Swing – Trapeze Yoga Kit – 2 Extension Straps – Wide Flying Yoga Inversion Tool – Antigravity Ceiling Hanging Yoga Sling
Buy from Amazon –TRX ALL-IN-ONE Suspension Training: Full Body Workouts for Home, Travel, and Outdoors | Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Improve Cardio
Avoidance is very important in this disease. Keep in mind for this: –
- Avoid sharp changes in temperature. For example, do not leave the AC in extreme heat or do not drink very cold water after coming from high heat.
- Avoid direct sunlight if you are going out, take an umbrella and wear sun glasses and leave.
- Do a minimum amount of travel during the summer season.
- Stay in a cool place (AC) to avoid heat and humidity.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, otherwise dehydration can occur. Dehydration is the major common cause of migraine. Hence avoid dehydration. Chances of migraine will be less if there is water in the body.
- In the rainy season, when the humidity is very high, we should avoid eating and drinking things that cause excessive sweating, such as tea-coffee etc.
- Do not eat spicy food.
- Keep blood pressure maintained.
- Avoid taking birth control pills. If you have to take, then take less dose. Actually, oral pills have a high amount of progesterone, which makes hormone unbalanced. This increases the chances of migraine.
- Go for a walk before the sun goes out in the morning. Walk barefoot on the grass. This reduces stress. When stress is low, hormones also balance. All these reasons reduce migraine.
- Do yoga and pranayama for 30 minutes daily. It benefits greatly. Meditation is also effective, even if done only 10 minutes daily.
Can yogasana cure Migraine?
Migraines cannot be cured with yogasana, but can be avoided to some extent. Migraines occur due to many reasons such as our wrong lifestyle, tension and stress and yoga helps to reduce tension and stress.
Many times due to lack of sleep, it is also migraine, doing yoga keeps the mind calm and we get good sleep too.
Especially, meditation is beneficial for migraine, which we must include in our daily routine.
Which Yogasana is best for Migraine?
- Downward Facing Dog Pose (Adhomukha Swanasan)
- Bridge Pose (Setu bandhasana)
- Two Legged Forward Bend (Pachchimotanasana)
- Cat Pose (Marjariasana)
- Child Pose (Balasana)
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Meditation (Dhyan)
Some diseases are such that we cannot eradicate it but it can be avoided. Migraine also cannot be completely eradicated or cured but it can be reduced.
By doing these (Yogasana for Migraine) yogasanas or by changing some habits, we can reduce it, and yoga has many other benefits too and there is no harm, so we should do yoga regular.