Veerasana (Hero Pose) is the Sanskrit word. Which consist of two words. The first word is ‘Veer’ which is used for warriors. While the second word is ‘asana’ which means ‘to sit’.
That is, if the two words are seen together, it means the seat of the heroes or warriors. It also called Hero Pose.
Most warriors used to sit in this posture for relaxation after the war, as this posture helped to keep them alert and active.
The most difficult for a yogi is to control the turmoil going on inside his mind. Hero Pose teaches you to control the mind with authority and helps in maintaining alert. Hero Pose is a very easy posture and is the major posture of Hatha Yoga.
Steps of Hero Pose or Veerasana
1.Sit on your knees on the floor. Make sure your knees are just below your hips. Place your hands comfortably on your knees.
2. Bring your knees closer, which will automatically increase the gap between your legs. This difference should be more than the width of your hips.
3. Next, firmly press the tops of your feet towards the floor.
4. Slowly bring your hips downward, as if you are going to sit on the mat. Remove your calves by turning. Note that your hips stay right in the middle of the ankles.
5. Pay special attention to the fact that if there is any problem in the knees while sitting on Veerasan, then stop its practice immediately.
6. Allow the fingers of your feet to come out. While your ankles should be in such a position as if they are protecting the knees.
7. Pull the navel inward. While pulling your spine try to tilt the head backwards.
8. Practice Veerasana for 30 seconds. After this, slowly go back to normal. Once you become proficient in the practice of this asana, after that you can practice this asana for meditation.
Benefits of Hero Pose or Veerasana
1.Benefits of varsana
2.This asana also gives good stretching to the ankles, thighs and knees.
3.The feet also make the feet very strong with this asana.
4.The practice of Veerasan can provide relief in digestion and gas problems.
5.After fatigue, doing Veerasana increases blood circulation in the legs and provides relief.
6.Veerasan also helps to improve your posure.
7.Veerasan is also effective in high blood pressure, asthma and flat foot problem.
Do this asana before veerasana
1.Bandha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
Do this asana after veerasana
2. vakasana (Crow Pose)
If this posture is seen in a way, then there is a slightly different version of Vajrasana. So if you know how to do this, then you will be able to do this asana well.
It also helps to make your legs and stomach become slim.By the way, it is easy to do this posture, you have no one to learn under someone, you will be able to do it easily on your own.